Unlocking Creativity: Building Multiple Regions in OSGrid
Table of Contents:
- Setting Up Your Own Region 2.1. Changing Your Parcel Name 2.2. Locking Down Access 2.3. Changing the Sky 2.4. Finding the Coordinates of Your Region 2.5. Creating a Region Next to Yours 2.6. Changing the UUID 2.7. Changing the Port 2.8. Saving and Restarting the Server
- Joining Regions and Creating an Estate 3.1. Joining Regions Together 3.2. Adding the New Grid 3.3. Creating an Estate
- Deleting a Region
- Making Your Land Flat and Seamless
Setting Up Your Own Region
Have you ever wanted to have your own virtual region in the OpenSimulator (OS) grid? Well, you're in luck! In this tutorial, I will guide you through the process of setting up your own region, step by step. By the end of this tutorial, you will have your very own region up and running on the OS grid.
Changing Your Parcel Name
The first step in setting up your own region is changing the name of your parcel. By default, your parcel will have a generic name, but you can customize it to something that suits your preferences. To change the parcel name, follow these simple steps:
- Open the OS grid and navigate to your parcel.
- Click on the parcel name and enter your desired name.
- If you want to keep your parcel private for now, leave the name blank.
- Optionally, you can allow group access if you want to add your friends to your parcel.
Locking Down Access
Once you've changed the name of your parcel, it's important to lock down access to prevent unauthorized users from accessing your region. To do this, follow these steps:
- Access the parcel settings.
- Set the access to "Group" if you want to allow only group members to access your region.
- If you want to limit access to specific individuals, search for their names and add them as friends.
Changing the Sky
The default sky settings in the OS grid can be frustrating, especially when you're trying to focus on building your region. To change the sky settings, follow these steps:
- Click on the "World" tab.
- Go to "Region Details" and select "Environment".
- Choose the sky setting that suits your preferences. For example, you can choose "Sunset" for a calming atmosphere.
- Click "Apply" to save the changes.
Finding the Coordinates of Your Region
To set up a region next to yours, you need to know the exact coordinates of your region. The coordinates work like a real map with X and Y values. To find the coordinates, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your OS grid folder where your region is located.
- Look for the "regions.ini" file and open it with WordPad (not Notepad).
- Find the coordinates of your region by matching the X and Y values from the file with your position in the grid.
- Optionally, take a screenshot of your region on the map and mark the coordinates for future reference.
Creating a Region Next to Yours
If you want to create a new region next to yours, you need to follow a few steps to ensure proper configuration. Here's what you need to do:
- Open the "regions.ini" file again.
- Copy the entire content and paste it below.
- Give the new region a unique name, such as "Steamworks North".
- Modify the coordinates by changing the last two digits to position the new region next to yours.
- Generate a new UUID for the new region by using a UUID generator.
- Replace the UUID in the copied content with the new one.
- Change the port number for the new region to avoid conflicts with the main region.
- Save the changes and restart the server.
Changing the UUID and Port
Each region in the OS grid needs to have a unique UUID (Universally Unique Identifier) and port number. To change the UUID and port, follow these steps:
- Generate a new UUID using an online UUID generator.
- Replace the existing UUID with the new one in the "regions.ini" file.
- Change the port number for the new region to avoid conflicts with other regions.
Saving and Restarting the Server
After making all the necessary changes, it's important to save the "regions.ini" file and restart the server to apply the modifications. Follow these steps:
- Save the "regions.ini" file.
- Restart the server by closing it and reopening it with administrative privileges.
- Confirm the addition of the new grid when prompted.
- Join the new region with your existing region to create an estate.
- Check the map to verify that the new region is connected to your main region.
Are you spending too much time on makeup and daily care?
- Saas Video Reviews
- Personal care
SaasVideoReviews has the world's largest selection of Saas Video Reviews to choose from, and each Saas Video Reviews has a large number of Saas Video Reviews, so you can choose Saas Video Reviews for Saas Video Reviews!