- Public.com Review | UP TO $300 FREE STOCK | Walkthrough | Pros/Cons
- How to Make Money with Public App Review in 2022 (Investing for Beginners Guide)
- Public Investing App Review – The Stock Market Trading App For Beginners
- PUBLIC REVIEW 2022: Best Free Investing App?
- How to Invest in Stocks with Public Investing App – Public Tutorial 2022
- Public Investing Review (Is it Worth Your Time?)
- Public App Review (2021) – 5 Things to Know About the Free Investment Platform
Public.com Review | UP TO $300 FREE STOCK | Walkthrough | Pros/Cons
all right everybody im logan alec im a,cpa and today im reviewing the public,investing app this is one of those apps,thats currently giving away free money,a free slice of stock for signing up and,opening an account if,after you watch this video you think,public is a good app for you,youre welcome to use my link in the,description below to get that sign up,bonus,this review is not sponsored by the way,public doesnt even know im doing this,yes i have a referral link,but this video is not sponsored it is,completely objective,and me just sharing my opinion on the,public app,as a user of it i will share with you,how the app works how to buy stock in,the app,and then later in the video ill provide,a summary of the pros and cons the,things i like about public,and the things i dont like so much,about public so be sure to stick around,for that,and just as a reminder if you like free,stocks you can check out the video i,made recently,where i tell you 11 places that are,giving away free stock right now,link up here at the top of the screen,lets get into this public review,what is public public claims to be a,whole new way to,invest in that it makes the stock market,social it says you can follow,other investors discover companies to,believe in and invest with any amount of,money,so what does this mean this whole social,aspect,of investing well lets start from the,top you download public,its pretty easy use my link in the,description below,click install click get started input,your phone number,they send you an authentication code you,input that you input your name,and username your email address you,create a password choose a profile photo,and then heres where the free stock,comes in unlike other investing apps,like weeble or robinhood or,first trade or doe that give you a,specific share of stock,right an entire share of stock publics,promotion is to give you up to,five dollars of a particular stock a,fractional share which public calls,slices,so when i signed up i picked tesla and,then you actually have to set up your,brokerage account,uh birth date citizenship status marital,status number dependence,these are all very typical questions,youre asked when setting up a brokerage,account,your employment address uh you know your,address your full name your social,security number and agreeing to the,terms and conditions,this is all very typical uh these,this is all required information to set,up a brokerage account in the united,states so dont be surprised by this,then public asks you about your,investing goals and experience your,annual income and net worth and then you,make your first deposit you can easily,link your bank account,they use plaid like many other platforms,i was able to link my,chase checking account within minutes i,made my initial deposit,of 100 which even though it hadnt,transferred yet,uh the public still gave me buying power,immediately of a hundred dollars,then public asks you to pick your,interest what youre interested in,this informs the news youll see on your,home feed in public im going to show,you that in a second,and then thats it now you can check out,the public app youre all ready to go,so here it is welcome to public on the,companies you believe in,in the middle of the screen there you,see ticker symbols for companies that,public thinks,based on what you said you might be,interested in,and then below that you see posts that,look um kind of a lot like tweets,honestly from people in the public,community,they even have this uh blue check mark,thing going on,although here it looks like a black,check mark encircled in blue,anyway that top one here is from katy,perry and no this is not katie with a y,perry this is katie with an ie perry,shes the vice president of marketing at,public um so basically these posts are,just people sharing their thoughts about,the market about investing about,particular stocks,you can click on their names and see,their profile in their portfolio here is,someone named nadia vanderhall,she owns a marketing company you can see,her portfolio these are the stocks shes,invested in in public you can see her,watch list,uh those watch lists are the stocks,shes keeping an eye on,themes are just broad general categories,shes interested in,uh that have you know stocks in them you,can click a theme like space exploration,and see all the stocks in there,and of course on peoples profiles you,can see all their posts that theyve,posted in public now,you probably have no idea of who katie,with an ie perry,or nadia vander hall were before he,watched this video but one cool thing,about public is that you know there are,celebrities on here,you can see what theyve invested in,through public if you tap the magnifying,glass,you can scroll through people to follow,here is adult contemporary sensation of,the last century michael bolton,um theres also shaquille oneal,now i dont want to imply that because,these people are celebrities,you know you should pay particular,attention to their investment picks i,mean come on michael boltons a musician,you know shaq is an athlete uh you know,i dont want to imply that oh their,stock put,their stock picks must be good just,because theyre celebrities but its,just interesting right i mean,obviously many people like to know,whats going on in celebrities lives,about their dogs or whatever uh well,heres an opportunity,to get a a glimpse into celebrities,lives in terms of investing and just to,be clear,the portfolio on peoples profiles in,public is just the stocks they own using,the public app,okay its not their entire uh stock in,order investment portfolio,i also saw a youtuber on here roberto,blake youtube is about youtube and how,to grow a youtube channel so its kind,of cool to see him on here,i watch this stuff a lot ill tag him in,the description below,if you want to check out his channel all,right what else if you click the little,present little gift icon at the bottom,of the screen in the center,you can get your invite link to invite,others to public,youre both rewarded with a free slice,of stock if someone signs up using your,link,next to the present icon is a little,messages uh arrow,little messages box because you can,directly message other users in private,then you have a profile icon at the,bottom right where you can click account,details and see more information about,your account,one more thing i want to mention is the,public account settings if you click the,gear in the top right,youll see a bunch of things okay scroll,down and youll see where you can,download your statements and tax,documents,where you can manage your you know your,cash transfers to and from public,you can click update account update your,account your profile picture,your bio and whatnot but the one i,really want to draw your attention to,is dividend reinvestment if you click on,that that is where you can tell public,what to do with dividends earned in your,public account,i believe the default when i signed up,was sent to uh,simply deposits dividends into your,public account the bottom one,and not invest them thats the bottom,option here but i actually prefer,to have my dividends i earned from a,particular stock reinvested into that,stock,right so my money is always making money,so i chose the auto,reinvest my dividends option here okay,so thats an overview of the public app,but now lets talk about how the heck,you actually buy a stock in public its,actually super easy,you just go the magnifying glass in the,search bar at the top you type the name,of the company you want to invest in,this case want to invest in amazon type,to amazon,it pops up you click trade in the bottom,right then click,buy and then you can choose how much you,want to buy,you can do a custom amount by choosing a,different amount,or you can just go with one of these,round options they suggest,uh i invested my entire 100 cash balance,into amazon,and the cool thing is with public and,with these fractional,shares now this isnt unique to public,by the way ot
How to Make Money with Public App Review in 2022 (Investing for Beginners Guide)
in this video were gonna be going over,exactly how to start making an extra,hundred dollars a day using the public,app or public.com ive seen a bunch of,videos online about this topic that are,super misinformative and sometimes,straight up just wrong so i decided that,i was going to make my own step-by-step,blueprint on exactly everything that you,guys need to know to make some extra,passive income using public before we,get into it though you probably already,noticed the length of this video using,the bar below thats because that this,is going to be an in-depth video for,beginners so if you need to reference,this video in the future or you cant,watch the full length of this video,right now you can go ahead and leave a,like on this video so you can find it in,your liked videos playlist and watch it,later and plus it helps a youtube,algorithm out so its a win-win for,everyone also folks everything in this,video is chapterized and categorized so,you can skip around in this video if,youd like so lets get into it now what,exactly is publicanpublic.com well put,very simply its a brokerage website and,app where you can buy and sell both,stocks and cryptocurrency its actually,going to be very similar to your apps,like robinhood out here where you can,simply just buy crypto and stocks on,here today were up around 600 bucks on,our robinhood accounts im going to be,talking about exactly how to transfer,this exact same kind of success with my,robinhood account over to our new public,account another fantastic thing about,public that you guys might not know,about is that public actually has an,extremely ethical business model now,what do i mean by this so not only do,they not charge commissions on any of,your trades so you can trade for free,public also doesnt participate in,payment for overflow pfof like most of,these other brokerages out here that,also dont charge commissions now what,exactly does that mean in a nutshell it,pretty much means that public is,legitimately trying to get you guys the,best price for buying and selling your,stocks and crypto out here and another,thing i love about public is that,theyre trying to build a heavy emphasis,and focus on the community aspect of,trading theyre trying to build a,twitter like community on public where,there are open facing people that you,can follow on here follow their posts,and even see what kinds of trades that,theyre performing so for example this,is something that i find super,interesting theres a trader on here,named jules and you can see that jules,just recently five hours ago,sold greenbox pos and made around a,hundred percent gain on her trade its,super super cool that you can see this,kind of stuff and i believe that this is,kind of what they named the platform,after as well its called public because,you can publicize your trades alright so,now if you guys are brand new to public,you dont have an account yet you can go,ahead and use my link down below and,youll actually be able to get a free,stock when you sign up with public so go,ahead and click on that link and once,youre on that link you should see my,page up here on public.com and you,should be able to see my positions and,my portfolio and whatever stuff i have,in my watch list as well currently this,is a very brand new account that im,just starting up for you guys so youre,not actually going to be able to see,that much history up here but all you,guys need to do is go click on this sign,up button at the very top right clicking,that will show that were going to be,able to earn a free stock when we give,them our information and start creating,a new account one really awesome thing i,like about public as well is that,theyre gonna let you select which,company that you get a free stock from,out of like a small list of them,sometimes brokerages out here will give,you some free stocks but theyll give,you a random one sometimes from a,company that you dont even care about,but with public youre going to be able,to actually select which company you get,it from i personally pick tesla but if,you guys dont like tesla there are a,bunch of different options out here for,you too when you first start out with,that website public is actually going to,step you through the whole process of,setting up your account getting your,bank account connected to public,depositing a little bit of money to,start getting investing and then also,downloading the public mobile app as,well after that they should also give,you a mobile link texted to your phone,so you can download the public app on,your phone and after you go ahead and,download the public app on your phone,you sign in it should look a little,something like this over here depending,on how much you deposited to begin with,i deposited around a thousand dollars,but whatever you deposited it should,show up right there since this is a,beginner-friendly tutorial as well i am,going to be going over pretty much,almost everything about this app just so,you guys get a better grasp of whats,going on over here too so as you can see,right down here were on the one day,chart so that means that were seeing,the action of our account ever since the,market opened so you can see right there,the market opened at 8 30 a.m for me so,the chart starts at 8 30 and currently,it is 11 40 right now and just to be,clear for those of you who dont know,the stock market is only open from 9 30,a.m,to 4 p.m eastern time and im in a,slightly different time zone so thats,why i can see that mine opened at 8 30.,we can also see different time frame,charts over here as well if we click on,the one week chart for example this is,what our chart looked like for the past,week and the one month and we can keep,on going on with the rest of these over,here too scrolling down on this main,page over here we can see that we have,the options to deposit more money right,there or invest lets go over the option,for depositing a little bit more of our,money so if we click on that we can,already see that my bank account from,earlier when i created the account is,already connected to my public so i,dont have to do anything extra to,connect my account to this so lets say,i did want to deposit a little bit more,of my money i could click on any of,these denominations that theyre giving,me or lets say i want to go somewhere,in between a thousand dollars and 2 500.,i can click on the different amount,button and lets say i wanted to deposit,a thousand two hundred instead i could,type that out there and click next and,then confirm wait for that to load and,check it out sometimes public is,actually gonna give you an instant,deposit,so whatever i just transferred to my,public account right now its an instant,deposit because we can use these funds,instantly to start buying stocks and,crypto public isnt necessarily always,going to give you this especially if,youre depositing several thousands of,dollars but chances are if youre,depositing slightly lower values like i,am theyre going to be able to give you,an instant deposit to work with which is,fantastic we can click on the done,button and you can see that our buying,power actually increased by that a,thousand two hundred dollars that we,just deposited we do have that invest,button right there as well but lets go,ahead and ignore that for now and just,scroll over to our portfolio section our,portfolio section we can see that we,have a bunch of stuff that we invested,in already including our free stock of,tesla that we got from public and we can,sort our portfolio by different kinds of,categories by clicking on that top mover,section instead we can sort it by all,these other different options for,example like the daily change go there,and you can see microsoft is now at the,top because its currently least in the,red we can also click organize portfolio,and create a new group grouping the,items in our portfolio for example its,giving us a goal like short term lets,go ahead and use our example of short,term investments add that and l
More: tughlaq durbar review
Public Investing App Review – The Stock Market Trading App For Beginners
– So you have commission-free stock trading apps,,and you have investing apps,that let you invest in fractional shares.,But how about a single investing app that lets you do both.,Well today, were going over Public,,a new commission-free stock trading app,,that aims to make investing accessible,to everyone by letting you invest,in small slices of major companies.,(upbeat music),Hey, welcome back guys.,This is Erik of EverydayInvesting.com,And on this channel,,Im all about helping the everyday investor,,like you and I, get started saving and investing.,So as always, if you have any questions,after todays video on the Public app,,definitely feel free to leave,your questions down below in the comments,,Im always happy to answer those for you.,Today we are in fact going over,the new Public investing app,,and Im happy to share with you guys,that Ive just recently partnered with Public,,to help the Everyday Investing Community get started,with a special signup bonus.,So if youre new to Public and would like to try it out,,definitely be sure to stay tuned until the end,of the video, where Ill show you how you can get,a free stock slice when joining the app.,Also guys, just to let you know,,if at any point of todays video,,you would like to jump ahead or jump back,to any particular feature of the app,,Ill be sure to include timestamps down below,in the description box,,as well as a link to my more full,in depth review of the Public app on my blog.,So for starters, what is the Public app?,Well Public is a new commission-free stock trading app,,that aims to make investing accessible to everyone.,Available on both iOS and Android devices,,Public really excels at slicing stocks into tiny bits,so that anyone can afford to own any public company.,And if youre wondering,what commission free stock trading means,,that essentially means that there,are zero fees or commissions,,its a both buy or sell stocks on the app,,nor are there any monthly account maintenance fees.,And while there are already,some popular commission-free stock trading apps out there,,such as the Robinhood app or the Webull app,,the unique thing about,Publics commission- free stock trading app,,is that they also allow you to invest,in fractional shares of stocks,,or what they refer to as slices.,But well go more in depth about that in just a bit.,Now, before we get into the features of the app,,I do want to take a brief second to cover,my experience signing up with the app itself.,Now, as I said earlier, Publics mission,is to ake investing accessible to everyone.,And because of that, not only can you invest,in slices of major stocks, but theres,also no minimum investment required,to open up a Public account.,And for me personally, one of the things,I enjoyed about the actual signup process,,was that how seamless it was.,I would have to say probably within 10 minutes,,I had my account up and running, I was signed up,,I had full access to navigating the app,,and I even had instant access to trading with my funds,that I had just deposited from my bank account.,Now, I really liked that with Public,because not all investing apps give,you instant access to trading with your funds.,Some make you wait a few days for the transaction,to officially clear, but with Public,,you have instant access to trading your funds,,just something I thought Id mention.,Now, if youre wondering what investments,are actually available on the Public app,,Public does give you access to thousands,of individual stocks and ETFs,across the entire US stock market.,And if youre wondering what an ETF stands for,,an ETF means Exchange Traded Fund,,and that is basically a group,,or a theme of related stocks bundled,into one single diversified investment.,Now for all my friends out there,who love stocks that pay dividends,,youre going to love this next feature on the Public app.,I did ask the team over at public,,how do they handle dividends,if you own a stock that pays dividends?,And the way it works is by default,,your dividends will be deposited into your cash balance.,However, you do have the option to ask or opt in,for automatic dividend reinvestment just the same.,So just something I thought Id mention,,if you own stocks that pay dividends,,youll probably really like that feature,about the automatic dividend reinvestment option.,All right, guys, so now were going to get,into the main features of the Public app,that really separate it from the competition.,Now by far, I think the greatest strength,of the app itself is its slices.,And with slices, these are also known as fractional shares,,but they are referred to as slices on the app.,And with slices, Public lets you slice major stocks,into tiny bits so that anyone can afford,to own public companies.,So if youve ever wanted to own major companies,like Facebook, Google, Amazon, Starbucks,,Netflix, FedEx, Walmart, any of these major companies,,but you couldnt afford to buy a full share,,which usually costs hundreds of dollars,,you can now buy slices of the stock.,You can own $5, $10, $20 worth,of any of these major companies,,right into your investment portfolio.,Now at the time that Im filming this video,,Public currently does give you access,to hundreds of individual stocks and ETFs,that you can buy slices or fractional shares of.,And I was also told by the team over at Public,that they do plan on expanding this list,as the year goes on and as time goes on.,So you really will end up with an even more expansive list,of hundreds and hundreds of individual stocks,and ETFs that you can buy fractional shares,or slices of straight into your portfolio.,Now I know what you may be thinking,,”Investing in fractional shares,isnt exactly something new Erik.”,And you would be right.,While there are already popular investing apps out there,,that let you invest in fractional shares,,such as the Stash app and the Acorns app,,neither one of those apps is commission-free.,Both of those apps have monthly user fees.,And on the other hand,,you do have popular commission-free stock trading apps,out there, such as Robinhood and Webull,,but neither one of those apps lets,you invest in fractional shares.,So the unique advantage of Public slices are that,it kind of gives you the best of both worlds.,Not only can you trade stocks commission-free,,but you can also invest in fractional shares.,And as an investor, that gives you a great advantage,,especially if youre just getting started,,so you dont have to buy full shares,that usually cost hundreds of dollars a piece.,Hey, before we hop into the next feature,,I just wanted to ask you for a quick favor.,If youre finding this video helpful,,can you like this video?,Id really appreciate it,if you could hit that like button for me.,All right, lets jump back into it.,Now, if you do want to buy full shares of stocks,on the Public app, you can definitely do that just the same.,And actually by buying full shares of stock,,you actually gain access to a couple,of advanced order types that are available on the app.,And the different advanced order types,Public currently offers are market orders,,limit orders and stop orders.,Now by default guys, the default order type will,be market order and that will buy,or sell your stock immediately.,And if you want to use one of stop or limit orders,,that will actually allow you to set your buyer,or sell price points, and I really like this,because it will allow you to help automate your traits,even when youre away from your phone.,The next feature I want to cover are their investing themes.,Now, if youre new to investing and not sure where to start,,Public does offer a selection of different themes,of stocks for you to explore.,So I want to go over a couple of,the different themes they have on the platform.,Theyre over 50 themes,,but heres just a couple of give you an idea.,So I wrote some of these down for you guys.,Some of the examples of investing themes available,on their platform are tech giants,,the most influential and powe
More: cz75 sp01 review
PUBLIC REVIEW 2022: Best Free Investing App?
– So in this video today,,were going to be looking,at a commission-free brokerage platform known as Public,which is essentially on a mission to make investing social.,The best way I can describe this brokerage,,is its like a hybrid between a social media platform,and a brokerage where you can follow your friends,,your friends can follow you,and everybody can see each others investment activity,,that way you can keep up with your friends,and what they are investing in.,Beyond that, it is $0 commission with $0 minimums,and they do offer fractional shares,as well as some other great features,which may make them a good fit for you.,So were gonna go ahead and review them today,and Im also going to be doing a live demo,of this app at the end of the video,to show you exactly what it looks like.,Also, Public has made an exclusive offer,for viewers of my channel.,If you use my affiliate link down below,,youre going to get a free $10 slice,of a stock of your choosing and you get to choose,from one of nine popular blue-chip stocks.,So if you like what Public has to offer,and you wanna get 10 bucks worth of a free stock,,thats gonna be the top link down below,and for transparency, I may earn a commission,in the process if you do decide to use that link.,But that being said guys, lets jump into the review now,and talk about what Public has to offer.,So Public is a commission-free trading app,with no fees for standard trading,which is pretty common these days,with other investing apps out there,that have largely done away with commissions.,But again, the big difference,between Public and other brokerages,is the social aspect of this investing app.,Now currently, the only type of account they offer,is a taxable individual brokerage account,so at this time they do not offer retirement accounts,or anything fancy like that.,In addition, youre not gonna find a lot of,fancy research tools or advanced charting,,it is a relatively basic app.,However, that was the goal that Public had in mind,when creating this app,,is to make it as simple as possible for complete beginners,while integrating that social aspect,of sharing your investments with other people.,So now lets talk about the different features available,through Public and one of the coolest ones,that they offer is something called investment themes,which are essentially portfolios of stocks,and ETFs that are completely free to invest in.,Now I looked on their website,and they had over a dozen different themes,but I picked a couple here for example sake.,First of all, we have Future Ed,which is essentially 25 stocks,related to digital at-home learning.,Another one they had here was called Stay at Home,which was 41 stocks and six ETFs,that are poised to benefit,from the new stay-at-home culture related to this pandemic.,And another one they have here is the Meatless Revolution,that requires no real explanation.,Thats 12 different stocks involved in the meatless trend.,Now another cool feature they offer,which is 100% free to use,is called the ticker time machine.,I tried this out the other day,,essentially it allows you to put in,a given investment and a given date,and it shows you how much money you would have made,if you just put your money in there and didnt touch it,,thats a really cool tool,if youre looking to look back on investments,that youve sold and determine,if you made a good decision or a bad decision.,Thats completely free for all users,,you dont even need to have a brokerage account with them,if you wanna try that out.,Now in addition, they also offer fractional shares,which means you dont have to buy an entire share,of companies that trade at high prices,such as Tesla or Amazon for example,,by default it is $25 increments,that youre able to purchase shares in,but you can actually buy any amount of the stocks and ETFs,that are supported with this fractional investing.,As far as stocks and ETFs go,,theres over 5,000 different ones to choose from,so there are a lot stocks and ETFs available,as well as these investment themes,so you have options for both the passive investor,and the active investor.,Now as far as the social side of the app goes,,youre able to share your investment activity publicly,if you want to and you can also leave comments and feedback,about why you bought or sold a given investment.,So now lets jump into my phone,and Im gonna give you a live demo,of the Public brokerage app,so you can see for yourself what this app has to offer.,All right guys, so here we are inside of the Public app,and as you can see right off the bat,it gives you notifications about,what is going on with your portfolio.,So I put a $100 in here to test this out,and in a minute were going to buy $25 of a stock,just to show you guys what this can do here.,So I have a notification up top,,my portfolio was down 0.54% today,,Ive lost 58 cents just based on some market fluctuation,and in my portfolio I own, AMD, Apple, Google and Amazon.,And so right here on the main feed,,you have the social platform,where people are able to share different thoughts,and again, like I said, its just a really cool hybrid,between a brokerage and a social media platform,and it seems like this could really be something,that takes off if more people adopt to using this platform,and sharing their investment activity.,And just like with other social media platforms,,you can choose people to follow.,So for example, this guy right here, 4,087 followers,if I wanna follow what he is doing,,I simply click follow,and I can see what he decides to share,in terms of his portfolio and his investment activity.,So right here, we can see that this guy Scott Galloway,has a portfolio of Apple, Amazon,and a company called Lemonade.,And just like with other social media platforms,,you can comment on different investment activity,and see what other people are doing,and gain feedback from other investors.,Now as mentioned earlier,,there are dozens of different investment themes,that you may decide to invest in,if you dont wanna pick and choose individual stocks.,So for example, lets go ahead and pick Green Power,and its gonna tell you about what the holdings are,and what this is designed to do.,You can also send your friends messages within this app,and you can also form group chats,if you wanna start an online stock community,right within your brokerage account.,So at this point in time,,Im gonna go ahead and purchase a stock,and Im gonna buy a fractional share,,that way I dont have to buy an entire share,of stocks that are very expensive.,So its gonna be a stock,that I own in one of my other portfolios,,were gonna buy some shares of Lowes.,So as you can see looking at this,,it currently trades at $167 per share,but thanks to the fractional shares,,I dont have to buy one entire share.,So if I go ahead and click the Buy button,,you will see the options I have available.,I have $25 and 2 cents in buying power,so Im gonna hit $25 and Im going to invest,or if I wanted to do a different amount,,I could literally do $1 and put that into Lowes stock.,But in this case, were gonna go ahead and do $25,,Im gonna click Invest and just like that,,Im gonna confirm,and I now own a fractional share of Lowes.,And this is where you can share,why you are investing in that stock,so Im going to say the global pandemic,is causing more people to do home improvement.,So now I click Post and thats going to show up on my feed,for other people who follow me to be able to see this.,All right guys, so in a nutshell,,Public was designed to make investing as simple,and as social as possible,and its kind of like a hybrid,between Robinhoods commission-free trading,and a social media platform in one.,Like I said, they have that exclusive offer,if you wanna grab 10 bucks worth of a free stock,,thats gonna be the top link down in the description below,if you think this is a good fit for you.,If you are looking for an advanced trading platform,with a lot of research tools,or if youre looking for
How to Invest in Stocks with Public Investing App – Public Tutorial 2022
hey guys its sharon from digital nomad,quest and today were going to do a,tutorial on how to invest in stocks with,public if you guys are new to this,channel welcome im all about teaching,how to build passive income become,financially free and design your best,live so if you guys are interested in,that make sure to subscribe and hit the,bell button to be notified of my latest,videos i wanted to talk about public,because it is one of my favorite apps to,investing in stocks right now ive been,playing with it for many months now its,actually been really interesting to use,and there are a lot of things about it,that really set it apart from the,competition its really one of a kind in,my opinion let me go over why so first,off its a commission free stock trading,app so there are no commissions when,youre trading secondly there are,fractional shares which means that you,could buy like a slice of google or,amazon you know amazon price is over,three thousand dollars right now but,with fractional shares you can basically,invest with as little as a dollar and,you can own a slice of amazon so its,really cool in that way and the last,thing that makes it really exciting is,it combines social media with investing,now what do i mean by that it basically,means that you know you can see how,other people are investing so there are,a bunch of public figures on the app,actually you know there are top,investors on the app theyre celebrities,on the app so you can actually check out,how they are trading a lot of people,actually put up their portfolio,they talk about what theyre investing,in they give their investing tips so,its actually really cool to follow,different figures and see how theyre,trading the goal of public is to make,investing accessible to anyone and i,think thats a really great mission and,its on iphone its also on android and,it just makes it so easy that you can,invest with as little as a dollar and,learn from a bunch of these top,investors as well now if you guys are,interested in trying out public you can,use my link below and you can get up to,ten dollars in free stock which is,really exciting you know i love these,sign up bonuses so i try to sign up with,different brokerages that i think are,really cool and that can give you some,free cash upon signing up and the cool,thing is upon sign up you can choose,from a bunch of different top stocks to,get your free stock and itll tell you,how much its worth when you get it so,its pretty fun to get started and its,really easy to sign up for a public its,really seamless im gonna go into the,app right now on screen share so now im,screen recording as you guys can see if,you press the deposit button you can,actually transfer money really easily to,your public account you could even put a,dollar and then you know continue with,this so if you continue this this will,be deposited into your account and you,can actually access your funds right,away which is really nice you know some,brokerages it takes a while for the,money to deposit but they basically,allow you to use those funds right away,once you deposit into your account as,long as the markets are open all right,so just to show you guys ill just put,in 100 bucks into my public account,right now,so were going to continue,press continue,and,weve initiated so as you can see its,initiated itll be in transit and then,itll be settled but you can actually,start using those funds but you want to,make sure that you maintain that balance,of a hundred dollars into your bank,account so that when the transfer,happens youre gonna avoid those issues,right so as you can see instant cash,unlocked you have a hundred bucks,unlocked while your 100 deposit is being,transferred weve upgraded your buying,power by 100 so you can invest right,away so thats really nice that you can,do that so let me just do an example now,so as you can see i had like 1100 bucks,in this account and now its at 1200 so,now you have 200 bucks you can trade,right so if you wanted to you can go,into the explore feed itll have,different things you can look into,theres people that i follow here as,well as some brands that i might follow,or actually have you can see like tony,hawks there which is pretty crazy you,can see the different companies that,have had posted their earnings this week,which is exciting theres also some that,are new to the market theres duolingo,robin hood and all these different ones,so its actually really cool because it,kind of informs you right away in this,explore feed itll also have memes talks,even and you can look through those you,know those are more risky obviously and,they will even give you a warning if you,go into here it says high risk which is,really nice for example if theres low,market cap on some of those stocks it,will give you that warning ill give you,an example here so lets put in this,stock right here that ive showed you,guys see it says low market cap meaning,its going to be a lot more risky so,theyre going to give you those warnings,here you can see what it means too if,you tap it so micro cap stock as per the,sec investing in companies with small,market caps can be risky and you can,even learn more and theyll give you,more information as well so these are,the safety labels that theyre talking,about so basically public has like a,repository of information that can teach,you a lot as well if youre just like,going through the app not just learning,from the feed but they have like a,repository of information,ill link it down below if you guys are,interested in learning more about stocks,and stuff like that from public,themselves you can also see there are,different themes like if youre,interested in etfs etfs are like a,basket of stocks a collection of,securities theyre traded like,individual stocks and usually etfs are a,bit safer because its a little more,diversified when youre investing in,those versus individual stocks one that,i like is qqq so lets look into this,for example right here i could just show,you guys how to invest the way i did it,here i went through the themes but you,can actually just explore and search it,up like i did earlier and also over here,you can look up stocks you can look at,people,tags like they have it all really nicely,categorized and you can look that up but,lets go into etfs again lets go into,qqq basically kukuku tracks the nasdaq,100 its one that i like so lets like,go into this but as a warning,investments come with risk make sure you,guys are doing your due diligence im,not a financial advisor so go ahead and,do your own research so for example if i,wanted to invest in qq right now id tap,that invest button you could literally,buy 25 of it you could even buy like one,dollar of it and then just tap invest if,you wanted to do a limit order instead,you can tap that as well you can go back,so that basically means that if it,reaches that price it will execute but,if you did a market order it would,basically execute at whatever the,current price is but right now its not,available because the stock market isnt,open right now im filming this at night,so thats why you can see its greyed,out right now and even when you go on,the home button you can see at the top,it has like a nighttime the moon and,stars up there and it says the markets,are closed its kind of nice that it,tells you when its closed and things,like that so as you can see thats,basically how you invest another thing i,want to add actually is that public does,allow for dividend reinvestment which is,really cool so if you go to the settings,the top settings icon and then you go,down to dividend reinvestment you can,change it to auto reinvest my dividends,and it will automatically invest,dividends into the company that paid,them out so for example apple does pay,dividends so instead of putting those,dividends into your public account,balance you could just have it so that,its automatically reinvested back into,apple so its really nice that you can,totally do this or you can put
Public Investing Review (Is it Worth Your Time?)
public is the investing app that melts,together the worlds of social media and,investing they also refuse to make money,in the same way that a lot of other,commission free investing services do by,remaining payment for order flow free,dont worry if you dont know what that,means just means that theyre turning,down easy money because they say they,have morals in some ways this app is,fantastic and in others it is the most,annoying app on my phone so whats the,deal with public investing and should,you use it to invest yourself lets talk,about it a little backstory for you on,public they started their service in,2019 and theyre really targeting like,the average person the average investor,who maybe hasnt invested much or at all,before theyre looking for somebody who,is basic who he has basic needs who,wants to do kind of basic stuff and they,need to then learn what it means to,invest and what to think about and so,theyve developed this kind of community,aspect in the app to help people teach,other people what it means to invest and,how to do it well or so they say and,they have some pretty snazzy like,celebrity investors behind them with,some names youve probably heard of will,smith scott galloway jj watt casey,neistat tony hawk apparently a vc firm,which is venture capital that was,founded by the chainsmokers which is a,music group i think a celebrity investor,is interesting but its not really,meaningful to the average user like me,or you just because will smith likes it,or will invest in it doesnt necessarily,mean that the service is good and some,good basic stuff about public is that it,doesnt charge a fee theres no like,membership theres no monthly fee,theres no fees to trade so buying and,selling doesnt like require a certain,fee theres not a minimum investment,amount and so its really easy for you,to just break in and get started and,they obviously want you to get started,because they offer everybody a little,slice of a free stock whenever you sign,up so it pops up on the screen and it,gives you the choice of a few different,companies and you can kind of pick,whichever one you want and get the ball,rolling that way in my experience this,has been somewhere in the four to six,dollar range so its not like,life-changing money but its i mean its,very literally free money its free,stock ownership so thats cool what,public offers in terms of like what it,can do and what you can trade what kind,of accounts you can have you can open a,taxable brokerage investing account to,invest very obviously in the stock,market they just added crypto recently,so if thats something youve been,looking for or something that you would,want in your investing platform its,available now i dont see any other,options for any other kinds of accounts,like a roth or traditional ira for any,kind of like custodial accounts for kids,an sap ira anything else no banking no,credit cards no debit cards nothing like,that its just a very basic offering at,this time and they organize their kind,of options as far as ways for you to,think about how you want to invest in,some kind of unique ways they group them,together in trends and industries and,things that are popular things that are,new to the market and they have this,whole slew of other kind of groupings,that are fun if nothing else like i,dont know if its helpful but its,definitely fun home and garden genetic,engineering dividend stocks immigrant,founders green power cannabis hashtags,like you can just look stuff up by the,hashtag that people are talking about on,public meme stocks and just a ton of,others the fact that public chooses to,make money in the way that it does is,pretty respectable as of february 2021,they dont do payment for order flow and,perhaps thatll help them avoid,robinhood-like problems in the future if,you remember early this year there was a,big fiasco with robin hood and people,claiming that the way that they,processed trades was inherently,self-serving and wasnt serving the,investors if you dont know payment for,order flow is when theres this,middleman between the investing service,like public and the actual stock,exchange itself the middlemen take the,order from like the public of the world,or the robin hood or whoever those,people are called market makers,middlemen market makers wow its a lot,of ms the conflict that this has caused,in the past is one we end up paying for,all the people involved to make money as,end users so it sort of ends up costing,us more in the end but the real conflict,comes in the morality of that,relationship some people have claimed,that theres a conflict of interest and,that its immoral that this market maker,can shift the investment firms motives,in ways that are more self-serving and,less customer serving and because that,same market maker has a lot of different,forces pulling on it then maybe they do,things that even public doesnt like but,the fact is that the market maker could,be pulled in a direction by some power,that is,wanting something in particular to,happen this is all kind of vague and the,real problem here is just the power,dynamic if that all still seems,confusing think of it this way dunder,mifflin paper company was a middleman,they bought paper from the factory which,is like the stock exchange and then they,sold it to the end users which are like,the investment companies they had a,position themselves to uphold as like,adding value to their customers saying,just give us a call we can have better,service we can do this we can do that,but they also created additional costs,and sometimes headaches for those end,users eliminating payment for order flow,is like if those customers bought their,paper directly from the factory you can,argue that thats a terrible example,because that would mean that we wouldnt,have had dunder mifflin so its worth it,for everybody in that particular,instance but maybe not so much for,payment for order flow speaking of how,they make money these are the ways they,make money as per the public.com website,so they do a thing called tipping which,is very interesting and odd to me where,you can just literally give them some,money like hey thanks for doing this for,me ill throw you a tip and so thats,something ive never heard of before,outside of this but sometimes people do,tip ive not tipped ive also not hardly,done any trading on there i think i have,like 185 dollars in public right now,ive not tipped but people do tip they,make money from securities lending from,interest on cash balances from markups,on cryptocurrency transactions which is,new for them because crypto just started,and then from subscription fees like i,said there are no subscription fees yet,but theyre planning on premium features,in the future and that would obviously,cost you some money as you can see by,that list and especially that last one,theyre figuring out new ways to make,money i.e crypto i think thats really,lucrative for people so i think thats,why theyre doing a lot of crypto,nowadays but theyre obviously looking,forward to either increasing profits via,subscription fees and premium features,like maybe theyre going to add some new,account types i dont know i have no,idea i dont have any inside info here,but they dont have many account types,so maybe to get the next level of,account types or to get some extra,trading or some extra info or something,else added that they dont currently,have then youll have to pay a few,dollars a month or a fee to do the trade,or something like that we shall see back,to the social media feed in my opinion,the social media feed is a time waster,at best and the blind leading the blind,at worst it is kind of cool that they,have ceos and stuff on there,periodically for like an ask me anything,kind of open forum thing that you can,have access to these people and their,experience and their knowledge and its,like cool to be able to do that kind of,thing but otherwise it really feels like,noise like i mentioned before i think,the real reason that i
Public App Review (2021) – 5 Things to Know About the Free Investment Platform
Are you looking for a new brokerage option and curious about Public?,Well in this video, we’re going to be taking a closer look at the app, including what makes,it different.,Hey everyone this is Kyle from Money at 30 and on this channel we look at personal finance,from a Millennial perspective including app and tool reviews like this one.,These days, there are plenty of free stock trading options, from SoFi to Square Cash,and beyond.,However, one platform that’s recently been gaining attention is Public.,So what does Public have to offer?,Let’s take a look at the app and what makes it unique,The first thing to know about Public is that, just like with other brokerage accounts, you’ll,need to provide some personal info in order to open an account,To get started with Public, you’ll need to provide personal information such as your,name, address, social security number, employment status, and more.,Additionally, you may need to further verify your identity by uploading an image of your,social security card.,Then, once your account is open, you can link an external bank account and make an initial,deposit.,Incidentally, Public has just recently introduced the ability to fund your account with up to,$1,000 via a debit card as well.,Meanwhile, for future deposits, Public may add your pending deposit to your buying power,so that you can make trades before your transfer clears — although this will likely depend,on the size of your transfer and your standing.,Next, while Public offers commission free trades on full and fractional shares of stocks,and ETFs, it does not current support cryptocurrencies or options trading,With Public, you can choose to buy or sell full shares or stock or, for select stocks,,you can trade slices of shares instead.,For full shares, you can select Market, Limit, or Stop orders and enter the number of shares,you’d like to buy or sell — although market orders can no longer be placed outside of,market hours.,Alternatively, you can select Slices to enter the amount of money you want to invest instead,of selecting the number of shares.,Similarly, you can choose to sell all of your shares in one stock or offload a certain dollar,amount of your position.,While Slices are available for most major stocks and ETFs, be aware that some listings,may only support full share trading.,Speaking of features that are not currently supported, Public does not currently offer,cryptocurrency trading — which is clearly an addition with high demand at the moment.,Elsewhere, Public also doesn’t allow for options trading at this time, Because of this,,those who want more advanced trading features may want to look elsewhere.,In a departure from its peers, Public recently changed its trading model to get away from,payment for order flow and now accepts tips instead,Although many popular investment apps allow users to make trades for free, one of the ways they’ve,been able to make money is via Payment for Order Flow.,Simply put, this practice found brokerages routing trades through larger firms and receiving,a commission in return.,Well, Public saw this model as a conflict of interest and announced that it had found,a way to bypass Payment for Order Flow.,As a result, trades placed on the Public platform are routed to directly to the exchanges.,With this change hitting Public in the pocketbook, the app now allows for tipping instead.,Once you place a trade, you’ll be invited to pay a small tip to the app.,This is completely optional and tips are limited to 5% of the transaction amount.,Ultimately, while this change may go unnoticed by most customers, this shift in model is,one of the ways in which Public is different from its competitors.,Another somewhat unique aspect is Public is its social element including the ability to,see what other people are trading and why,When you log into Public, you may notice that your dashboard is populated by post and discussion,about stocks and more.,That’s because one of Public other twists is the ability to share why you’re investing,as well as see what fellow users are thinking with their trades.,To that point, you can also follow friends and celebrities alike to see what’s in their,portfolio and on their wishlist.,However, keep in mind these posts and profiles will only show what stocks you hold and not,how much of any asset you own.,Finally, if you are thinking about joining Public, the app is currently offering to pay,any fees you may incur when moving your portfolio over from old brokerage account,In the event that you’re looking to leave an existing brokerage for one reason or another,Public is aiming to make that task a bit easier.,With their Transfer Account Wizard, you can set up an ACAT transfer to move your stocks,to Public.,Not only does Public not charge for this service but will even cover any fees your old brokerage,might impose.,That said, one thing to be aware of is that, if your old brokerage contains fractional,shares and does not use the clearing firm Apex, these fractional shares may be liquidated,,with the cash then being transferred to Public account.,Additionally, since crypto is not supported by Public, you may also have to liquidate these assets,or choose to do a partial portfolio transfer.,Overall, I think Public is a solid stock trading app that does things differently to great effect.,That said, I also don’t find myself caring about the social aspect and would like,to see some other features come to the app as well.,Public is an easy-to-use trade platform that clearly has some big ideas.,While most of these ideas are ones I like, I can’t say that I love the social element,of the app.,Sure, this concept sounds cool in theory, but it sometimes makes it feel like I’m,on Twitter instead of an investment app.,Of course, this aspect is easy enough to overlook, so it doesn’t stop me from using Public.,Anyway, in my view, Public is another great option for getting started with investing,,and I hope it continues to expand with new features such as crypto trading soon.,Hopefully this gives you a better idea about what Public is all about, but for much more,on the app, Ill have a link to my full written review in the description box down below.,Also, if you like this video, please hit the thumbs up button, leave a comment, and be,sure to subscribe because we have new videos every week.,So thanks again for watching and Ill see you next time here on Money at 30.