Unlock the Hidden Secrets of WhatsApp with These 15 Tricks
Table of Contents:
- Font Changing
- Changing Font Style
- Changing Font Size
- Most Popular Contacts
- Muting Group Chats
- Making Personal Information Private
- Stop Auto-saving
- Adding Dates to the Calendar
- Adding a Chat Link to Your Home Screen
- Sending Messages Using Siri
- Backing Up Chat Messages
- Sending a Giant Beating Heart
- Starred Messages
- Secretly Reading Messages
- Disable Previews
- Find Out the Exact Time Someone Read Your Text
Fifteen Secret Whatsapp Features You Should Know
WhatsApp has become an integral part of our lives, making communication quick and easy. But did you know that there are several hidden features in WhatsApp that you may not be aware of? In this article, we will explore fifteen secret WhatsApp features that will enhance your messaging experience and make your conversations more fun and convenient.
1. Font Changing
One of the lesser-known features of WhatsApp is the ability to change the font of your messages. You can customize the appearance of your texts by using different fonts. For example, you can make your messages bold, italic, or strikethrough. To do this, simply add specific symbols before and after your text. If you want to make your text bold, use asterisks (like this). If you want to make it italic, use underscores (like this). And if you want to make it strikethrough, use tildes (~like this~).
- Allows for customization and personalization of messages
- Adds emphasis to important points or phrases
- Limited font options
- Symbols may confuse some users
2. Most Popular Contacts
Have you ever wondered who you communicate with the most on WhatsApp? With this hidden feature, you can find out which contacts you interact with the most. This feature is available on iOS devices. To access it, go to Settings, then pick Account, and select Storage Usage. Here, you will find a list of all your WhatsApp contacts and groups, as well as the total number of messages you have sent and received from each contact. This small statistical insight can be quite helpful in managing your communication priorities.
- Provides insights into your messaging patterns
- Helps prioritize your chats and contacts
- Only available on iOS devices
3. Muting Group Chats
If you find yourself bombarded with endless messages in a group chat that you're not interested in, WhatsApp allows you to mute those chats. Simply select the chat, click on its name or the name of the contact on top of the screen, and choose the "Mute" option. You can mute the chat for a specific duration, such as 8 hours, a week, or even a year. This feature is particularly useful for avoiding distractions and focusing on more important conversations.
- Avoids unnecessary notifications
- Enables concentration on relevant chats
- May miss important information or updates in muted chats
4. Making Personal Information Private
Privacy is a concern for many WhatsApp users, especially when communicating with acquaintances or unknown individuals. Thankfully, WhatsApp allows you to control the visibility of your personal information. By going to Settings, selecting Account, and then Privacy, you can manage what other users see in terms of your profile picture, status, and last seen timestamp. This feature gives you peace of mind and ensures that your personal information is only shared with those you trust.
- Enhances privacy and security
- Gives control over personal information sharing
- May limit visibility for legitimate contacts or acquaintances
5. Stop Auto-saving
WhatsApp automatically saves every picture and video that is sent to you. This can result in a cluttered photo gallery and unnecessary storage usage. However, you can disable the auto-saving feature by going to Settings, selecting Chats, and turning off the "Save Incoming Media" option. This allows you to have more control over the media that is saved on your device and prevents unnecessary clutter.
- Saves storage space
- Keeps photo gallery organized
- May lead to accidental loss of important media files
6. Adding Dates to the Calendar
Planning events or keeping track of important dates can be made easier with this hidden feature. If you type a certain date in your message, WhatsApp recognizes it as a hyperlink and gives you the option to create an event in your calendar. For example, if you type "Monday", WhatsApp will detect it as a date and allow you to create an event for that day. Please note that this feature is currently only available on iOS devices.
- Seamlessly integrates with your calendar
- Helps in organizing events and important dates
- Limited to iOS devices
7. Adding a Chat Link to Your Home Screen
If you frequently chat with someone or have a favorite contact that you need quick access to, WhatsApp allows you to add a chat link to your home screen. This feature is available for Android devices. To add a chat link, simply tap and hold on a chat, then click on the three vertical dots at the top right of your screen, and choose "Add Conversation Shortcut". This way, you can access your important chats directly from your home screen without having to search for them.
- Quick and convenient access to important chats
- Saves time searching for specific contacts
- Limited to Android devices
8. Sending Messages Using Siri
For iPhone users, WhatsApp integrates seamlessly with Siri, Apple's virtual assistant. You can send WhatsApp messages using Siri by simply saying, "Hey Siri, send a WhatsApp to [contact's name]" and then dictating the content of your message. This feature is particularly useful when you're feeling lazy or need to send a message hands-free. Siri takes care of the typing for you.
- Hands-free messaging
- Convenient when multitasking or on the go
- Limited to iPhone users
9. Backing Up Chat Messages
If you like to revisit old messages or want to keep a backup of your chat history, WhatsApp allows you to back up your messages. iPhone users can back up their chats on iCloud, while Android users can use Google Drive. To back up a chat on iPhone, simply click on the chat name, then on the name of the contact, and choose the option to email the conversation. For Android users, go to Settings, select Chats and Calls, and click on Chat Backup. This ensures that you always have access to your old texts, even if you switch devices or reinstall WhatsApp.
- Safeguards important conversations
- Enables seamless transition between devices
- Requires sufficient storage space for backups
10. Sending a Giant Beating Heart
If you want to express your feelings in a creative way, WhatsApp allows you to send a giant beating heart. By sending a red heart emoji without any other text or emojis, the heart will automatically turn into a larger animated heart. This can be a cute and romantic way to make someone's day and show them how much you care.
- Adds a touch of creativity and emotion
- Expresses sentiments in a unique way
- Limited to one specific emoji- the red heart
11. Starred Messages
Sometimes, within the sea of messages, there are certain ones that stand out and deserve special attention. WhatsApp allows you to star messages that you want to save or refer back to later. On iOS devices, you can simply double-tap on a message and select the star icon. These starred messages can later be found in the contact info section, under the option called "Starred Messages". You can easily access and review these important messages without having to scroll through countless chat histories.
- Easily bookmark and find important messages
- Saves time scrolling through conversations
- May accumulate a large number of starred messages, resulting in potential clutter
12. Secretly Reading Messages
Privacy is a top concern for many users, and sometimes, you may want to read a message without notifying the sender. WhatsApp provides a simple solution for this. To secretly read a message without the blue tick indicating that you've read it, follow these steps: First, when you receive a message, dismiss all notifications and don't open the chat right away. Then, set your phone on Airplane Mode, which turns off your Wi-Fi or internet connection. After that, open WhatsApp and read the text. Voila! The sender won't know that you've already seen the message. Additionally, you can disable read receipts completely by going to Settings, selecting Account, and then Privacy. There, you will find the option to turn off read receipts.
- Maintains privacy and prevents unnecessary notifications
- Allows you to manage your response time
- May result in delayed responses and misunderstandings
- Can be seen as impersonal or uncaring by some senders
13. Disable Previews
WhatsApp notifications often display the content of the message, which can compromise your privacy if someone else sees your phone. To address this concern, WhatsApp allows you to disable message previews in notifications. By going to Settings, clicking on Notifications, and selecting the option to disable show preview, you can ensure that only the sender's name is displayed in notifications, without revealing the content of the message. This feature adds an extra layer of privacy to your conversations.
- Enhances privacy and prevents accidental exposure
- Adds an element of surprise and curiosity
- Requires opening the app to view message content
14. Find Out the Exact Time Someone Read Your Text
Have you ever wondered when someone read your message? With WhatsApp, you can find out the exact time a message was sent and read. Simply hold on any message you're interested in, and choose the "Info" option. This will display the time your message was sent, as well as the time it was read. This feature is available on both Android and iOS devices.
- Provides insights into message visibility and response time
- Adds a layer of certainty and accountability to conversations
- May create pressure or expectations around prompt responses
WhatsApp is much more than just a messaging app. It offers a range of hidden features that can enhance your experience and make your communication more enjoyable and efficient. From font customization to privacy settings and secret reading, these features allow you to personalize your messages, protect your privacy, and control your messaging experience. So, take advantage of these hidden gems and make the most of your WhatsApp conversations!
- Customize the font of your messages with bold, italic, and strikethrough options.
- Find out who you communicate with the most on WhatsApp with the Most Popular Contacts feature.
- Mute group chats to avoid distractions and focus on important conversations.
- Control your privacy by managing what others can see in your profile, status, and last seen timestamp.
- Stop auto-saving of media files to save storage space and keep your gallery organized.
- Easily plan events by typing dates in your messages and creating calendar events.
- Add chat links to your home screen for quick access to important chats.
- Send WhatsApp messages using Siri for hands-free messaging.
- Backup your chat messages on iCloud or Google Drive for easy access to old texts.
- Express your feelings with a giant beating heart emoji.
- Star important messages for easy retrieval and reference.
- Secretly read messages without notifying the sender and disable read receipts for increased privacy.
- Disable message previews in notifications to protect your privacy.
- Find out the exact time someone read your message for better visibility and accountability in conversations.
Q: How do I change the font of my WhatsApp messages? A: To change the font of your messages, use specific symbols before and after your text. For example, to make it bold, use asterisks (like this). For italics, use underscores (like this). And for strikethrough, use tildes (~like this~).
Q: Can I find out who I communicate with the most on WhatsApp? A: Yes, you can find out your most popular contacts on WhatsApp. On iOS devices, go to Settings, then pick Account, and select Storage Usage. Here, you will find a list of your WhatsApp contacts and groups, along with the total number of messages sent and received for each one.
Q: How do I mute group chats on WhatsApp? A: To mute group chats, simply select the chat, click on its name or the name of the contact at the top of the screen, and choose the "Mute" option. You can mute the chat for a specific duration, such as 8 hours, a week, or even a year.
Q: Is it possible to make my personal information private on WhatsApp? A: Yes, WhatsApp allows you to control the visibility of your personal information. Go to Settings, click Account, and select Privacy. Here, you can manage what others can see, including your profile picture, status, and last seen timestamp.
Q: How can I stop WhatsApp from auto-saving media files? A: You can turn off the auto-saving feature by going to Settings, selecting Chats, and turning off the "Save Incoming Media" option. This allows you to have more control over the media that is saved on your device.
Q: Can I send WhatsApp messages using Siri? A: Yes, if you have an iPhone, you can send WhatsApp messages using Siri. Simply say "Hey Siri, send a WhatsApp to [contact's name]" and then dictate the content of your message.
Q: How do I backup my WhatsApp chat messages? A: To backup your chat messages, iPhone users can click on the chat name, then on the name of the contact, and choose the option to email the conversation. Android users can go to Settings, select Chats and Calls, and click on Chat Backup. This ensures that you always have access to your old texts, even if you switch devices or reinstall WhatsApp.
Q: Can I secretly read WhatsApp messages without notifying the sender? A: Yes, you can secretly read WhatsApp messages without the blue tick indicating that you've read them. To do this, dismiss all notifications when you receive a message, set your phone on Airplane Mode to turn off the internet connection, then open WhatsApp and read the text. The sender won't know that you've already seen the message.
Q: How do I find out the exact time someone read my WhatsApp message? A: To find out the exact time someone read your message, hold on the message and choose the "Info" option. This will display the time the message was sent and the time it was read. This feature is available on both Android and iOS devices.
Q: Are these WhatsApp features available for all devices? A: Some features, such as adding dates to the calendar, adding a chat link to the home screen, and sending messages using Siri, are limited to specific devices. Please refer to the individual feature descriptions for compatibility details.
Are you spending too much time on makeup and daily care?
- Saas Video Reviews
- Personal care
SaasVideoReviews has the world's largest selection of Saas Video Reviews to choose from, and each Saas Video Reviews has a large number of Saas Video Reviews, so you can choose Saas Video Reviews for Saas Video Reviews!